[3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 00:01:09 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1132  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 53  Total Score = 429,237

Club: Smithchart ARC

Comments:

As always, thanks to CQ magazine for continuing to sponsor this fun contest.

Condx to west coast seemed quite good both days. Noise on 2nd day was a
disappointing change from the first night which was exceptionally quiet.

Seemed to  be an increase in 2x3 call signs. Excellent to see!

Also, as others have noted, seems an increase in REALLY clicky signals. I'd
propose this: If you contest its your responsibility to have a clean signal. If
you can't/ won't do that please don't annoy others with your less than clean
signal. I'd like to see the sponsors penalize stations that cause this QRM.
Doable by reviewing the recording of the contest.

Some notable signals: G3PQA amazingly loud. Same with N6RO from the west coast.
IR9R was also very, very loud well before his sunrise.

Pleased with K3 diversity with the HiZ 4sq to the NW and beverage to the NE. Fun
to work west coast and next Q from EU.

Thanks all for the Qs and patience when my muddled mind would not process the
calls correctly :)

A note about FT8. Are the folks running this not aware that they can't just fire
up without making sure the frequency is clear? Several times I was running and
suddenly their QRM started. Just like any other mode if you are running FT8 its
your responsibility to assure the frequency is clear before you fire up.

Equip:
K3
Alpha 91b (what a wonderfully smooth amp!)
HiZ 4sq receive
Beverages
N1MM+ (continues to be excellent)