[3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W4PK Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 00:34:26 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 13:16

Total:  QSOs = 580  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 43  Total Score = 172,656

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

On Friday night I mostly just searched and pounced.  When I did try running
Europeans would soon start CQing on my frequency.  I would then try to work them
but I think I can hear better than being heard as they would just continue
calling CQ, or working other Europeans.

I got up early Saturday morning and I had more success with running.  But
conditions to Asia were poor, at least for me.  The furthest West I could hear
was Hawaii.

Saturday evening I had a little more success at running but still I had trouble
with the Europeans not hearing me and start CQing on my frequency.  ALL my
contacts with the European stations were made by answering their CQs.  Even so,
there were a dozen or more countries that I could hear but but could not hear
me!

I am using a 75-foot shunt-fed tower top-loaded with a 5-element 20M beam and
with about 60 radials.  I know I was getting out as several of the skimmers in
Europe were picking up my CQs.  I was running 1.5KW but I do admit I can hear
better as I use a pair of 1100' phased Beverages toward Europe!

73, Sam W4PK