[3830] CQ160 CW N6ZFO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N6ZFO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 04:35:02 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2:00

Total:  QSOs = 106  State/Prov = 42  Countries = 4  Total Score = 12,420

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna:  Inv L, 50' vertical section and about 15 ground level radials.

Comments:  Missed Friday.  Just a quick effort Saturday after Observatory event
ending at 2300 local.  Like WN6K, found 100w didn't cut it; increasing to 200w
made a huge difference, giving very satisfying pileups for a while.   CR3DX
answered CQ with a weak signal. Three DE stations heard, two worked.  Where were
they in NAQP? All New England states worked easily except NH, which I never
heard.  Worked 37 states in this very brief effort.  Missing NH, SC, MS. AK, HI,
WY, ID, IN (!)  SD, NE, KS, WV.

Increasingly,  too many stations calling exactly zero-beat with each other slows
down the rate in pileup situations. Maybe from increased clicking of internet
spots?   Also, a little disconcerting that so many stations who wish to insert a
personal hello, or responding to one,  have great difficulty doing so with
hand-sending, for example, my rather simple name!

73 Bill n6zfo