[3830] CQ160 CW G6M(G4BYG) Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4byg@lindgren1.karoo.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G6M(G4BYG) Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 20:19:57 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: G6M
Operator(s): G4BYG
Station: G6MC

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IO94
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1069  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 74  Total Score = 794,520

Club: Brimham Contest Group

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Operated at the QTH of Neil G6MC. Located near Harrogate in the
beautiful valley of Nidderdale in North Yorkshire.
Setup was K3 radio plus Quadra Amp. Antenna was an 85ft Marconi Tee for Tx and 3
reversable 600 ft Beverage rx antenna's
Good band conditions Friday evening/Saturday morning. Many USA stations worked,
especially pre our sunrise. The band closed late at 0830Z which was a surprise.
Saturday evening into Sunday was less productive due to lack of Multipliers and
those I could hear were swamped by constant callers just not listening.
Many who will enter as Unassisted were obviously looking at the RBN as they
constantly appeared within seconds of the Mult appearing on the RBN and software
Bandmaps.
Again the band closed late on the Sunday morning at about 0830Z.
In my opinion ALL entries should be be classed as Assisted these days like many
current contests.
It is just too easy to cheat at present without penalty.
Plenty of loud Clicky signals from European stations as usual and I hope the
organisers review their contest recordings and penalise obvious offenders.
On a positive front it was great to hear the band full of CW signals which makes
a mockery of those who say the mode is dead.
Enjoyed my weekend and many thanks to Neil and his Xyl Sue for the use of their
great qth.

Band     QSOs     Pts  StP  DXC  Pt/Q
   1.8    1069    6621   46   74   6.2
 Total    1069    6621   46   74   6.2