[3830] NA Sprint CW KG5U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@att.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KG5U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2018 19:45:08 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  107    1:50
   40:   62    1:40
   20:   13    0:25
---------------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Team: Texas Tornados

Comments:

Crazy start. Got weird glitches in N1MM. Stopped, copied the 4 logged QSOs to
paper, opened new log in N1MM using NS Sprint CW setup. Logging worked right
after that. Then realized how sad 20m was sounding. 40 was good and 80 was
better. I got beat out on so many jump balls, it was demoralizing. Piling on
that, it seemed that CQ rates were less than 1 for every 10 or 15 CQ attempts.
In spite of that, it was great fun to the end. Only to find my final score (12k)
was way off scores of similar QSO count scores. I can only figure NS Sprint
scoring is different than NA Sprint scoring. Manually counted the mults and came
up with a more reasonable score.

See y'all in August Sprint!

73 de Dale, KG5U

Station:
1 - Elecraft K3S
Ant: AV640 (10-15-20), 40m inv vee, 80m inv vee
S/W: N1MM Classic (Plus is too buggy at KG5U)