[3830] RTTY WPX K4XL SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, grimm@sbc.edu
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K4XL SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 00:28:04 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: K4XL
Operator(s): K4XL
Station: K4XL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Amherst, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 29

------------
   80:  260
   40:  490
   20:  348
   15:   36
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had planned to only make a brief appearance in this test as RTTY isn't my
thing.  Once I got into it, however, I realized that I was having fun.  (Not as
much as in a CW test!...but still fun.) The only problem was keeping BIC!  I
think this is the first time I've managed over a thousand Qs.
I heard one station on 10, but not well enough to copy.  Fifteen was moderately
good and seemed to be open but lacked activity.  It gave me my only ZL! Twenty
was wall to wall with a lot of QRM.  Forty was excellent although I still can't
seem to get the opening to Asia that a lot of my neighbors enjoy.  Eighty was
good but didn't seem to open to the west coast as well as it has in the past.
Rig:  IC7800 to an old Alpha 78
Ant:  Dipole for 80 and SteppIR DB18E for the others.