[3830] RTTY WPX NW6P(W9KKN) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NW6P(W9KKN) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 01:06:35 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: W9KKN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cupertino, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
   80:   80
   40:  541
   20:  595
   15:   60
   10:
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

As always, special thanks to Tom/NW6P for his hospitality and use of his
station.

Several sightings of Z60A with lots of people spending a lot of time
transmitting over each other trying to call in, but I'd have to say that the
highlight of the contest was when Z60A responded to my CQ Sunday morning!

Started a bit late Friday afternoon getting in from work, but conditions were
good to start. Predictably, 20 meters closes early these days, but 40m rocked.
Had some local RFI issues on 80 meters, so had to turn the power down. Friday
night / Saturday / Sunday morning 40m openings to Asia and Europe were great.
Good openings to Europe Saturday/Sunday on 20m. As far as 15m, it seemed better
Sunday than Saturday, but didn't give me very much activity. It almost goes
without saying, but nothing on 10 meters.

On the self-improvement side, I got pretty well comfortable operating SO2V in
N1MM+ with the Flex (still configured as "SO2R".)

This is also the first time I had run SmartSDR 2.1.30 in a contest -- I feel
like I ran into a few bugs that weren't there in 2.0.x, but I noticed a few
improvements too. At one point, DAX started giving me corrupted and un-decodable
audio from the RX Streams until I applied the big hammer of restarting
everything (radio, Maestro, computer, etc.) Also, 2Tone seemed to want to quit a
few times unexpectedly after a few hours of running, but only on DI1 (?!) Hey,
they fixed call stacking in N1MM+, though!

Thanks for the Q's everyone!

73, Bill/W9KKN @NW6P