[3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@w4pk.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 01:47:47 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 27:10
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  337
   40:  497
   20:  582
   15:   99
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

For a change I was able to operate the whole contest without my computer
freezing up!  I had a very minor problem with call-stacking (n1mm+) but most of
the time it just plain worked, including the call-stacking feature!  What would
happen  that every once in a while it wouldn't pop a station I had stacked but
it would go ahead and send the serial number anyway.  I am sure that I had
caused this to happen by doing something unexpected.  I am going to download
software version 1.0.7047.0 (the version I had used), label it as
"golden", and keep it in a safe place!

I did more search & pouncing than I did running this year.  20 Meters was
wall-to-wall with callers both Saturday and Sunday mornings and I couldn't find
a spot to try calling so mostly during those times I just picked off stations,
especially the multipliers, and most especially on 40 and 80M!.  Toward the end
of the contest on Sunday afternoon 40M was the same way.

I am getting too old to be really serious about contesting anymore, but I still
do have fun!  Thanks for all the Q's.

73, Sam W4PK