[3830] RTTY WPX WA7AN(K9DR) SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX WA7AN(K9DR) SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 02:18:10 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: WA7AN
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 27

------------
   80:  109
   40:  310
   20:  675
   15:  109
   10:
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Planned to put in the full 30 hours, but slept through the alarm clock twice.
Got off to a slow start on Friday.  Only made 3 QSOs on 15 meters in the first
15 minutes.  Signals were very weak. Had to make repeats.  Then, I realized I
was running into the dummy load!  Turned the coax switch to the antenna and
voila.  I'd been so busy with tweaking other stuff, that I'd forgotten the
durned coax switch. No other equipment issues during the weekend.
Equipment: K3/P3 to AL82
Antennas: Explorer 14 at 55' for 40 - 10 meters.  Inverted Vee for 80 meters
with apex at 50'.