[3830] RTTY WPX VA3LR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3wpv@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VA3LR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 03:00:50 +0000
                    CQ WPX RTTY Contest

Call: VA3LR
Operator(s): VA3LR
Station: VA3LR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FN03gx
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:   84
   40:  132
   20:  262
   15:   24
   10:    0
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Antennas: End fed wire for 40 & 80 about 10' off the ground and a Hexbeam
about 27' high for 20, 15 & 10 which is bolted on the corner of my elevated
wood deck.  No receive antennas.
I had planned this to be my first contest in which I would put in a full time
effort.  I had no illusions of obtaining a real high score because of my antenna
situation but I did make a goal of 500 QSOs.  I still made my goal even with
losing 6 hours.  Why did I lose 6 hours?? My XYL and I put were trying to
assemble an offer on a new QTH.  The good news ... the offer was accepted and
with the exception of one final inspection, we will take possession in July.
The even better news ... The QTH consists of 1.4 acres that will allow me to
finally put up a real tower and other antennas.  I look forward to the
challenge.  Thanks to all for the Q's.