[3830] ARRLDX CW W2UP(@W4AAW) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W2UP(@W4AAW) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 17:37:20 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W4AAW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 17
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1363   110
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 1363   110  Total Score = 449,790

Club:

Comments:

Conditions mediocre, disturbed at times.  On Saturday morning, 20 didn't really
open wide to EU until an hour AFTER sunrise.  Before then, it was mostly bug
guns and I/S5's.

Call me a pileup snob, but on Sunday morning, after about a 20% dupe rate and
struggling with many 5W stations, I said to myself, "when the rate drops
below 100, I'm done."  I couldn't imagine sitting through another day of
nothing between EU sunset and JA sunrise, waiting for the Asia opening not to
happen.  That happened at 1500Z.

Random musings:
The zero beat packet pileups conitnue.
Nice activity from the Russians.  Are their scores submitted under the Olympic
flag this year?
I think every OH, except two, were running a KW.  They really need it up there!
Nice to work Z60A on one call, rather than sitting in a messy pileup.

And last, but not least, many thanks to Mike, W4AAW for use of his fine station,
remotely.  Didn't require any support from him, as everything worked like a
charm.  Thanks, Mike!  Hopefully by next year, station and tower work will be
done and we'll be back to M/M, I'll put in my assigned hours and won't feel
guilty about quitting early  :-)

Tnx for all the QSOs.  Good to exchange dits with lots of old friends.
Barry W2UP