[3830] ARRLDX CW N3BB SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N3BB SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 01:48:12 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: stx
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:   26    17
   80:  140    55
   40:  652    77
   20:  676    88
   15:   96    44
   10:    6     6
-------------------
Total: 1596   287  Total Score = 1,366,407

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My first "48" hour contest in about eight years. I was fired up with
the new equipment (two K3 radios and one p3) for the first time in a while.
Several planned and unplanned interruptions included calling 911 because of a
strong gas smell in the house, which broke up the concentration for several
house on Sunday, as well as watching my Virginia Tech Hokies dismantle Georgia
Tech in an ACC basketball game on Sunday. Everything ended OK.

Tried to keep the QSO rate up while not ignoring looking for mults. Have no idea
how I did. Have not checked 3830 on purpose. oonditions were great on 40 and
almost nil on ten meters here. Some interesting propagation took place for sure

I "think" it was fun, but need to rest. In general, lots of familiar
calls and much more time invested in a weekend contest than usual. It was a
challenge and fun, but tiring. At seventy-five, there are not an infinite number
of these things left.

Thanks for the action and the QSOs,
Jim N3BB