[3830] ARRLDX CW K3PH M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3ph@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K3PH M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 02:07:35 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K3PH
Operator(s): K3PH W3MF
Station: K3PH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 39.5

  160:   75    49
   80:  172    67
   40:  524    96
   20: 1014   109
   15:  120    48
   10:   22    14
-------------------
Total: 1927   383  Total Score = 2,214,123

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

In the past, Edsel Murphy has been remarkably kind to the Notorious Schreibmaier
Brothers.  However, he made up for it this time!

The rotator for the 40-meter beam, which was just installed in September, failed
on Friday night, with the antenna pointed at South America.  Sometime on
Saturday afternoon, we managed to cajole it back to about 50 degrees.  If it has
to be stuck in some direction, pointing at Europe is about as good as you can
get!

Then, on Saturday morning, our six-week-old IC-7610 developed the infamous
"No RX" failure.  Couldn't figure out how to get it out of that
failure mode, so we put the IC-756Pro3 back online.  A good radio, but the
IC-7610 receiver (when working) is so much better.