[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:44:39 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 39.9

  160:  482    53
   80:  604    58
   40: 1104    59
   20: 1385    60
   15:  349    49
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3924   279  Total Score = 3,283,551

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC-7000 Win-Test
160-80-40 Dipoles at 25 feet
20-15 A4S at 30 feet

As always this was a very different contest from the previous 18 years that I
have come here.  The low bands were incredibly quiet for me and I easily filled
in the west coast on 160m which I rarely do.  The signals were more like I
expect on 40 meters.  Twenty meters was a zoo with every frequency occupied by
someone.  It was very difficult to get anything going until Europe faded out
which happened by 17z.  Fifteen meters was open to most of the US except the
northwest but I couldn't get a stream of callers.  I had to fill in a couple
multipliers by moving people from 20 meters.  I checked 10 meters often but
never heard a peep.  No six banders but lots of five banders.

This may be the highest number of contacts I have made on CW but not the highest
score because of the low multiplier total.

I complied with the W6SX Prime Directive to have fun.  The only issue I had was
some choppy CW coming from the computer probably due to some RFI.  I used the
Vibroplex paddle for a majority of the contacts.

I appreciate the accommodations from Ed, VP9GE, one of the best hosts in the
world.  There are very few people like him.

I will be back for ARRL Phone.

73, Kurt W6PH