[3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 21:48:42 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Dolna Micina
Operating Time (hrs): 32:40

  160:   21    10
   80:  189    39
   40:  815    53
   20:  657    52
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1683   155  Total Score = 782,595

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

I didn't waiting something special during end of Solar Cycle 24, and it realy
was fighting with closed bands.

>From my point of view - it was almost 2 band contesting, 20m and 40m. 160m with
only one so-so opening on Sunday morning. 80m with weak signals sunk in the band
noise. Just 1 (one) miracle 15m QSO and completely closed 10m. 40m was the only
one with few worthy pileups. 20m was usable, fortunately, but the times of long
pileups of hundreds of S9+ stations are over...

I built K9AY loops again, it was useful, especialy on 160m. Also new multibander
is big antenna setup improving. Especialy 3 elements for 40m compared to old Inv
Vee is doing its job + 4 elements on 20m compared to 3 old ones. Hardware worked
fine this time, except of some strange behaviour of ACOM 2000A from time to
time, so sorry, if my signal came from S9 to noise level...

Thanks to all participants, to all Solar Cycle minimum enthusiasts, hi.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 DXLog.net
 UltraBeam UB ONE rotator

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements