[3830] ARRLDX CW V3T(@V31TP) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, robert.k5pi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V3T(@V31TP) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 23:55:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V3T
Operator(s): WC0W K5PI WC0T WW0G NM0C AD0KH
Station: V31TP

Class: M/S LP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  225    52
   80:  686    56
   40: 1319    59
   20: 1507    61
   15:  968    56
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 4806   285  Total Score = 4,095,450

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

2018 marked the 10th year for WC0W and and me, K5PI, to operate the ARRL DX CW
Contest from San Ignacio, Belize.  A fine group of other ops have also been on
the team, and this year was no exception.  Thanks to WC0T, WW0G, NM0C, and AD0KH
for keeping a second op in the shack all weekend.  They copied calls throughout
the contest, and John and I could definitely see improvement as the contest
progressed.  They helped a great deal by keeping an ear on other bands while we
shoveled most of the QSOs.

Ours is a Field Day style operation.  We spend a couple days putting up an A3S
tribander, and inverted vee for 40/80 (with reflector for 40), and an inverted L
for 160.  We've tried a number of different receive antennas over the years, but
we really nailed it this year with a pennant.  It's been hard to get a decent
ground at our location, so the pennant is a great choice.

Conditions on 20-160 seemed very good, and we tried to make the most of them.
15M was good, but it opened late and closed earlier than we've ever seen.  We
didn't make our first Qs on 15 until about 18Z both days.

10M was a big disappointment.  We listened and listened, CQed and CQed, and just
couldn't make anything happen apart from one Texas station.  We've never seen
10M conditions this poor.  C'mon old sol!

Thanks to all our MO and TX club members for calling in.  See you next year!