[3830] ARRLDX CW W0RX SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0rx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W0RX SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 17:13:31 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0RX
Operator(s): W0RX
Station: W0RX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   21    17
   80:   22    20
   40:   93    50
   20:   75    63
   15:   34    28
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  249   181  Total Score = 135,207

Club:

Comments:

Conditions here were quite poor. 160 and 80 were very noisy, and even stations
with good sigs were difficult copy.  The KW stations on 20 never made much over
S9 during the EU openings.  My neighbor said it opened up better on Sunday
morning, but when I did a quick check didn't find anything over S7.  It didn't
help that my 20 meter monobander was MIA and I was using my trusty tribander.

I could hear a number of Carribean stations on 10, S0 but easy copy.  They could
not hear me.  40 meters came alive for about 2 hours on Saturday afternoon about
3:30 pm local, with strong signals to eastern Europe.  By evening the window
closed.  DL, PA, F and G stations were never strong enough to work, despite TA3D
at 20 over 9 and similar sigs all the way to OM and OK.  West of there, nothing.

I can always tell when condx are poor in this contest when 6Y, VP5, VP2M and the
like generate nonstop pileups.  Friday evening it was easy to work DU and 9V
from here since apparently noone else could hear them.  Signal levels were S0 of
course.  There were some fun  moments, particularly on 40 meters, and I think if
I had been able to operate the whole contest I think I could have made a
respectable, if not particularly noteworthy, score.