[3830] ARRLDX CW M6T M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dave@g4buo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW M6T M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2018 13:40:08 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4BUO G4TSH G2NF M0CLW
Station: M6T

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Suffolk, England
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  190    41
   80:  833    56
   40:  895    57
   20: 1384    60
   15:  160    38
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3462   252  Total Score = 2,615,004

Club:

Comments:

Many of our CQWW ops were not available but we put together a small but
experienced team of G4BUO, G4TSH, G2NF and M0CLW. Apart from 15m there was no
need to rotate the antennas, so setup did not include running out long rotator
cables when not necessary, but we still had to crank up five towers in order to
get ready for the contest.

There was a mix-up with the 40m antennas which meant that although we had worked
hard to put the 3el yagi up at 100ft on Friday, that wasn't the antenna that was
in use for the first few hours of the contest! This means our 40m total is a
little light, but apart from this error we had no issues, just a complaint about
the appalling propagation conditions. Many of our 15m QSOs were skew path when
beaming towards South America. We made no QSOs on 10m and conditions were so bad
that none of the big stations on 15m asked us to QSY!

The LF bands were better, but not great. The furthest west that we worked on
topband was a single W7 in AZ and we only worked a handful of W0s. I was
surprised to be working Ws on 40m right up to 12.10 on Sunday, whereas the band
had closed around 9.30 the previous day. Sunday was generally very slow and we
only added about 35 QSOs to the total on 15m.

Dave G4BUO

160m tee 90ft high + beverage
80m 4 square
40m 3el up 100ft