[3830] CQ160 SSB W5MX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W5MX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 19:54:24 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ky
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 1073  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 30  Total Score = 225,504

Club:

Comments:

Got a bit of a late start as usual, work kept me until about 22:30z. The nice
thing was, the wx was good so didn't need to start the woodstove to keep the
contest cabin warm. The bad thing, warm wx in February usually means storms, and
that we got. Friday night the storm QRN was not as bad as the storms were
further to the west. Beverages to other directions such as EU were pretty
quiet.

Had high rates Friday night as usual in a 160 contest. I stayed running majority
of the night, did not peel off and look for mults much which was a huge mistake
it turns out. I missed very simple mults in this one, including DL, SP, ON and
others. Unbelievable as these are normally very easy. After EU sunrise Saturday
morning and I had not worked those, I still was not too worried although I knew
the storms were getting closer by Saturday night. I figured I could S&P and
pick those up. Wrong. Saturday night was very noisy even on EU beverage. I had a
threshold QRN of s3-s4 besides lightning strike peaks of +20db or more. The only
EU worked was early in the evening, and that was UA7K and UR5AS. No western EU.
I had a very high Q could so another 5-10 easy mults would have resulted in a
great score for me. If you tried calling me with no reply, please understand the
storm QRN was terrible. I normally have S0 noise at my location and hear about
everything.

Such is contesting, always something hihi. Thank You to all for the Q's and see
you all next weekend in ARRL DX SSB!

Bryan
W5MX