[3830] CQ160 SSB KH7XS(K4XS) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, CQTESTK4XS@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KH7XS(K4XS) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 04:20:41 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KH7XS
Operator(s): K4XS
Station: KH7XS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BIG ISLAND
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 134  State/Prov = 37  Countries = 4  Total Score = 54,284

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

First time ever in this contest and was testing a new antenna.  Absolutely
brutal conditions here.  Started out and the band was relatively free of QRN,
but within two hours I had S-9 QRN static crashes about 70% of the time.  Shut
it down five hours into the contest, hoping the second night would be better.
It wasn't and this was a first night only contest for me.

Many stations QSYed after I asked for repeats over and over in the QRN...my
apologies to those operators.  I'll be back next year if the QRN isn't as bad.