[3830] CQ160 SSB KI7M Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7m@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB KI7M Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:07:35 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: KI7M
Operator(s): KI7M
Station: KI7M

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 25h08m

Total:  QSOs = 384  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 7  Total Score = 54,575

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Per my usual scenario my biggest problem is static background noise running
59/59+5/10 so had trouble hearing some of the weaker stations.

Running Elecraft K3, Palstar HF-2500 Amp up to 1400 watts on peaks, Palstar
AT5K-HP tuner, INV-L about 70-80' up over tree fed again hytower radial field of
64 65' ground radials. First night at 09:16Z T.Q's 248, T.Mults 48, Q.Pts. 589,
T.Score 28,272. Felt the first night I did pretty well. Worked ZS1OK, Dave for a
first time NZ! Made my night!
Second night conditions less favorable. You can see the total score above and
had considerable more problem hearing stations. Still have not got my Waller
Flag up that I keep talking about. And so far you can not prove to me beverages
(elevated or BOG) work. How can a receive antenna be any good if the background
noise goes up when switched in?????  Must work on reducing the receive noise and
maybe I can begin to do better somehow. IILLE

In 2011 I reached 59,340 points and achieved #18th US and #1 7th call area HP
Assisted. So all in all I can't really complain too much. Better things I hope
will come. Oh, since I was asked by a fellow ham in the area to submit with
WVDXC I put it down this year.