[3830] ARRLDX SSB NS3T SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NS3T SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 02:02:21 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    9     7
   80:   27    24
   40:   64    43
   20:  134    62
   15:   57    33
   10:   15     8
-------------------
Total:  306   177  Total Score = 162,486

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a 100% SO2R S&P effort with the incredible advantage of simple wire
antennas on a suburban lot.  It was fun, but admittedly painful at times.

Two of my antennas were damaged by the big storm we had on the East Coast
starting on Thursday night.  I was actually very surprised that my 40 meter
totals were as good as they were, because my dipole ended up about 15 feet off
the ground, and my 20 meter dipole turned into a wire vertical.

Funniest moment: On Sunday afternoon, I had to go run my kid's baseball
practice.  I left, unable to crack a pileup for a new mult on 15 meters, just
before going out the door.  2+ hours later I return, turn on the rig, and the
same station is on the same frequency.  Second call, it goes in the log.

In this 3830, I also want to thank all of the people in far flung locations who
had such nice wishes for me about my voice, which remains on the disabled list.
Luckily, my voice files project, which I started back in 2004, allows me to
fully participate in phone contests.  You don't know how much it means to hear
such good wishes from fellow competitors, friends and colleagues.

73 Jamie NS3T