[3830] ARRLDX SSB NP2J(K8RF) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NP2J(K8RF) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 12:54:30 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NP2J
Operator(s): K8RF
Station: NP2J

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:  411    49
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  411    49  Total Score = 60,417

Club:

Comments:

Contest conditions down here in the Tropics can depend more on local QRN from
Thunderstorm activity than on how the Ionosphere is behaving. This weekend was
one of those times. Static was a constant S7-9 with constant static crashes of
S9+20DB. The excellent noise reduction on the K3 helped alot.

Obviously I couldn't hear guys that were calling that were weak, hence lack of
QSOs and Mults. Missed  ND, SD, NE, UT, MT, ID, VO1, VO2, VE7 which normally
aren't that hard, also misssed VE5 or VE4...the tough Canadian stuff up North
YT, NU, NT are never heard here. So only 49 Mults and 411 QSOs, last year had
583 QSOs and 58 mults if I remember correctly.

Many of the QSOs were difficult even with stations that are good copy here
normally, thanks for everyones patience with all the repeats and me yelling
"again"!

Topband Season is winding down, had lots of fun this year, glad to have worked
so many of my friends on 160 this year!!!

See you on Six Meters this Summer! (NOT on Digital, CW/SSB ONLY!)

Best 73
Dan NP2J/K8RF