[3830] ARRLDX SSB K8AJS SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin1@me.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K8AJS SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:31:24 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:    0     0
   80:    7     7
   40:    5     5
   20:  106    45
   15:   14    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  132    68  Total Score = 26,928

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I’m not a lover of phone contesting; I spent enough time in this event to
reaffirm my dislike of the mode. My “high power” is not that high (500
watts), my antennas don’t play particularly well on phone (my G5RV was totally
resistant to operation on 40-meter SSB this time, providing SWRs that seemed
beyond the capability of the tuner), and I was not “loud.”

I have only wire antennas on the low bands, so I can’t really create a
“big” signal there. That’s usually not a problem when I’m chasing DX,
but in a phone DX contest, the effect is frustration.

Nevertheless, I had some fun in the three hours I spent in this one. Working
P40L on three bands and V26K on two was a plus.  Granted, I only added one
entity to my total for the CQ DX Marathon, but I thought 53 unique countries in
my 68 multipliers in those three hours was a decent result.

To all of those who could actually hear me in the fray, thanks for the QSOs!

Rig: Elecraft K3 w/P3 & KPA500 500 watts
Antennas: 204-ft G5RV, 3 ele quad
Software: RUMlogNG (3.10.1) by DL2RUM