[3830] ARRLDX SSB WA8WZG SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa8wzg@wa8wzg.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WA8WZG SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 18:19:58 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WA8WZG
Operator(s): WA8WZG
Station: WA8WZG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: arizona
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   11     8
   80:   37    26
   40:  149    48
   20:  175    66
   15:   35    22
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  410   173  Total Score = 212,790

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Did pretty much S&P , had a short run to JA early Saturday morning  on 40
meters to help with numbers. Had other commitments during  daytime hours both
Saturday and Sunday so only got a few hours Sunday afternoon to grab some of the
15 and 10 meter opening..BUT Saturday night was the best 40 meters to EU I have
ever experienced, in Arizona. Conditions were amazing, I worked almost every
station I called on the first call.. even with the heavy QRM from the east
coast.!!SO that was the highlight of the contest. 20 meters the last few hours
on the contest was a ZOO,... stations were workable, but time
consuming,...extremely strong signals from almost every direction..  Made it
difficult to work anyone.,, Missed a clean sweep with Fred and KH7M,, I heard
them briefly on 10 but never completed. I did have a cleans sweep of 6 bands
with 1 of the other KH6 stations though.
Had a great time especially being able to work thru the EAST coast QRM to EU!!