[3830] ARRLDX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tomgeorgens15@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 05:52:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Radios: SO2R

  160:  155    39
   80:  747    59
   40: 2256    59
   20: 2366    59
   15: 1830    59
   10:  747    41
-------------------
Total: 8101   316  Total Score = 7,679,748

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

A challenging weekend on several fronts.  Started slow compared to last year and
it continued through the first 24 hours.  It was discouraging to lose ground in
nearly every hour.  The bright spot of the first day was the unexpected 10 meter
opening.  Nonetheless, I was down over 1000 Q's the first day, despite what
seemed to be very similar propagation to last year.

Set my sights on 8000 Q's as a new goal.  It looked unlikely after a slow
morning.  At 18Z, the rate suddenly picked up.  Then 10 opened again even longer
than the first day.  This got me back on track for 8000 despite running low on
stations to work in the final 15 minutes.

160 was a disappointment and 10 was a surprise.  The other bands seemed fine,
but activity appeared down.

Station worked perfectly and seems to be fully functional again after a
lightning strike in the days before CQWW SSB.

Thanks for all the Q's and moves

QSL via LoTW or HA1AG

73, Tom W2SC 8P5A