[3830] TBDC NX6T(WQ6X) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@wq6x.info
Subject: [3830] TBDC NX6T(WQ6X) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 02:13:10 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: NX6T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Fallbrook, Ca.
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 50  Total Score = 220

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was another last minute ad-HOC remote operation from
NX6T in Fallbrook (altho I was @ W7AYT's QTH the SF Bay Area).
In addition to this contest I also participated in the SA-10 Contest,
the OKQP and the WIQP, also that weekend.
WQ6X ran NX6T's STN-1 (an Elecraft K3) into an ACOM 2000a amplifier
at about 1300 (watts most of the time); altho sometimes I would forget
to enable the amp when calling the station, then reply at 1300 watts - Zowie!
The high band antenna was a 13mh C-31 yagi (tower #1). A 13mh shorty-40
for 40 and sloppy inverted vees for 80/16 all did the job.
Look for an upcoming writeup about this at: WQ6X.Blogspot.Com