[3830] Rus DX MM3AWD SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX MM3AWD SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 12:24:20 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: Old Deer (Home QTH)
Operating Time (hrs): 20.5

  160:   75      0       29         4
   80:  149      3       41        12
   40:  153     16       36        24
   20:  216     62       37        47
   15:   25      6       14         5
   10:    0      0        0         0
Total:  618     87      157        92  Total Score = 887,187

Club: Interest Group RTTY

Comments:

I was hoping to be at the contest QTH for this, as my tower and beams are
currently there.
But due to bad weather closing in and the winch needing serious repair, I
decided against it and operated from the comfort of home.... With a Doublet @25
feet and vertical on 160 with a Marconi Tee (which is not really a Tee.. more
like a U around the garden!)

Big aurora on the Friday night, indexes went sky high and thought it was going
to be a bust.
>From the start it was fast, i missed much of the 15 stuff on Saturday, took a
gamble that there would be things to get on Sunday.. (didnt really pay off)

I decided that i was going to find a "reasonably" clear spot at the
top edges of the bands and i was going to run... if they hear me they will call,
if they dont then the wont "Clearly"
was S&P on the 2nd VFO.. tactic worked ok.. had to move very often when run
freq got hijacked without a "?" or "QRL"

Surprised that i worked more DXCC on 80 than i did on any of the other bands.
Low bands were on the money.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and pulling out my puny sig. You guys have
to do more work hearing me than i have to do to send it... So THANK YOU!

As always lots of fun. Been one of my favorite contests in the calendar for many
years and for many years to come.
Thanks to sponsors and organisers for their work.

See you next neekend in WPX SSB... again SOAB QRP ... hopefully from contest
QTH

73, Scott
MM3AWD