[3830] BARTG AB1J SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG AB1J SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 23:20:41 +0000
                    BARTG HF RTTY Contest

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 18:23

   80:
   40:  160      14         14
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  160      14         14  Continents = 3  Total Score = 13,440

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Solar stats:
1000z Sat morning 2018-03-17: SFI=71, Kp=3 SSN=0  eSSN=-15
0155z Mon morning 2018-03-19: SFI=71, kP=6 SSN=15 eSSN=11

"What time is it?"  "You mean now?"  Attributed to Yogi
Berra or an unknown BARTG contest designer, whoever came first.

Somehow I've never developed any affection for this contest. We get together
each year for a rather joyless liaison, passing the time of day and then bidding
each other adieu. There's not a lot of passion.

I like HF's hotter, faster sister, Sprint, 24 hours without the 599.  The HF is
such a retro older spinster.

At the trial at the heat death of the universe it will be hard to justify having
devoted 48 hours yearly to such an event. It's also a waste of a good equinox.

Some of my friends have been discussing Golden Logs.  Recently I revised my main
monitor RTTY window layout to help me log more accurately.  I often make
careless mistakes I don't notice at the time.  So I'll see what my UBN report
says.  I wanted at least 100 QSOs as I want to keep my error rate at 1% or less,
so I needed enough Qs to break something.  Or not.  Stuck to 40m since I like it
and have a reasonable antenna there. We'll see if I have the Midas touch. I'm
pretty sure I don't.

One benefit of 48 hour contests just occurred to me: Malcolm Gladwell says you
have to practice 10,000 hours to become an expert at anything. If you do this
contest 208 times you'll be a good RTTY op.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+
MMTTY(skinny)  MMTTY(fat)  2Tone(selectively)
40m 66' outdoor stealth wire, Dentron tuner & indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog