[3830] WPX SSB ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ZM4T(ZL3IO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 00:27:08 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ZM4T
Operator(s): ZL3IO
Station: ZM4T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kiwi-DX-Lodge
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1005
   20:  311
   15:  659
   10:   50
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

We are in the bottom of the cycle. No real EU run, not even on 20 m. As you can
see the multi count is very bad. On the high band we either missed a few hops or
an opening at all to join the party. It was interesting to listen to the likes
of KH7XS or NH7A who are half way closer to the US or AS (1-2 hops less). They
were shoveling QSO's and enjoying nice rates while we sat at the sideline and
only making our utility happy. But you can't have it all, hey? That is the
tribute for living in the most beautiful country for the world and we're happy
to pay it.

A big "Thank You" to the West and South of the USA. They were making
up for most of the QSO's.
There was a short 10m opening to NA on hour before the end but it happened
without NA... KZ5MM from TX was S7-9 for over 30 min while I was calling next to
him without a single US reply.

Only 5 JA's made it into the log on 15 m this morning!!! In the years past we
would run for hours on JA's but that seems to be over.

The good 40 m conditions allowed me to get at least near earlier years, even so
we today have much more aluminum in the air. I just managed to equalize my own
Low Power (!) record from here but it still was fun!

Thanks for the QSO's! and we hope to see many of you in Visalia next month.
73 Holger, ZL3IO