[3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 01:20:21 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Cheyenne, WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 28

------------
  160:    0
   80:   73
   40:  343
   20:  218
   15:   13
   10:    1
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's CQ WPX Contest Log 4.3
CONTEST: CQ-WPX-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 28-HOURS
CATEGORY-OVERLAY: TB-WIRES
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contestors of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 282405
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave. Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom 706MK-IIG,MFJ-939 Automatic IntelliTuner,Heil Pro Micro Headset,
Modified (ZS6BKW) G5RV up 50 feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from Grid
DN71od in Laramie County Wyoming.Sending a signal report is part of the required
exchange as clearly stated in the WPX rules,but some folks,(mostly DX) ignored
this part of the rules and didn't bother,in order to save themselves precious
time!I had a few decent runs,exceeding a 120/hr. rate for a 20 minute period but
this was a mostly Hunt and Pounce contest for me.First time in Assisted category
with rig control.It's nice to not have to remember to change bands manually on
the computer, and have the actual frequency of ever contact logged!I hereby
nominate the usual suspects,mostly Italy and Brazil for the "worst audio in
contest" award. I improved my last years score, but not by much. Still, a
fun event using only 100 watts and a Wire. Never touched a rotor or used my low
Cushcraft MA5B which is mounted above a roof eve at 25 feet.The modified G5RV at
50 feet is much stronger than the MA5B Mini Beam on TX and receive 98% of the
time anyway!I wish there was a NO BEAM-WIRES ONLY category for this event,'cause
if there was, then I would mostly likely place very well.Thanks to all who
worked me. Another Boy and his Wire Adventure from my Apartment QTH in Cheyenne,
Wyoming is in the books.
              73,
                 November Seven Many Zebras Walking