[3830] WPX SSB VE3UDX(@VE3DZ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE3UDX(@VE3DZ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 23:42:39 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3UDX
Operator(s): UT3UA VE3DZ
Station: VE3DZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Niagara
Operating Time (hrs): 42

------------
  160:  117
   80:  488
   40:  572
   20: 1260
   15:   71
   10:    6
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was nice to have my old buddy, schoolmate and WRTC-2002 partner Sergei UT3UA
here over a weekend as a part of his first time ever visit to Canada. We know
each since late 70s when we were building and establishing our Kiev Polytechnic
Institute Club Station UK5UDX in Kiev, Ukraine. We even were roommates at the
University dorm for a couple of years... :-)
We knew that conditions supposed to be poor, not all equipment and antennas were
ready at my station and I had some other things to do on Sunday, but we just
tried to maximize our operating time and have as much fun as possible.
We decided to use my other call - VE3UDX which I obtained on occasion a couple
of years ago in memory of UK5UDX.
By the way, it was quite a long time since I was doing M/S in this contest and I
must tell that I am not impressed with the rules for M/S/ category to say the
least... No multiplier station is allowed and unless you have an in-band S&P
station, there is absolutely nothing to do for the 2nd guy with those only 10
band changes per hour...
I wish I could realize it earlier so we could probably go for M/2 instead to
maximize our QSO count...
But anyway, we had a lot of fun and I hope Sergei got full impression of how it
is to operate a Contest from North America. :-)
Thanks a lot to all who called us.