[3830] CWopsT KF6NCX LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, geggmit@att.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KF6NCX LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 20:50:00 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Apr 11

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chico, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   2
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   2  Mults = 2  Total Score = 4

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It seemed like I had hit the "mute" button on my radio. Is there a
mute button on the FT-450D? I heard lots of CWT participants on 20 meters, tried
to call them, but no one seemed able to hear me. This was unusual. Most of the
sigs weren't extremely strong, but they weren't really weak either. Signals
seemed to vary a lot in strength (I mean the same signal would get stronger,
then quieter, within a few moments). The bands were pretty noisy, too.

I didn't hear any stations on 15, and only a few on 40. Well, I figured, at
least I was getting some good practice copying call signs, names and numbers.
And good practice calling CQ.

I thought I was going to get completely skunked. But then, in the last five
minutes of the contest, two kind stations came to my rescue as I called CQ on 40
meters, W6TN and NS3C. Thank you, guys and 73 to all.