[3830] JIDX CW W9KKN SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] JIDX CW W9KKN SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 21:26:41 +0000
                    JIDX CW Contest

Call: W9KKN
Operator(s): W9KKN
Station: W9KKN

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Sunnyvale, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:  10     10
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  10     10  Total Score = 100

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I started this contest figuring that I'd make just a small mult appearance for
the NCCC internal club competition using the HOA-friendly HOA dipole at home.

>From the "you can't even make this stuff up" file, though, it appears
that at some point since I last used the home shack, one of our cats,
"Hamburglar," decided that an optimal place to vomit was on my K1EL
WinKeyer. Don't worry; he's okay, he was the runt of the litter and is
frequently known to scarf down his food so quickly that the impedance mismatch
results in, well, you get the idea. The WinKeyer, on the other hand, did not
survive. I spent most of the 20m JA opening trying to revive it to no avail,
because Hammy-barf it turns out, is corrosive. So that left me with the internal
WinKeyer emulation in the Flex, which, to put it nicely, quickly convinced me to
order the replacement WinKeyer.

So that left me with only a bit of time/energy to work JAs on 40 meters in the
morning. Luckily, on this antenna, if they're loud enough to copy, I can work
'em.

Thanks for the Qs!

Bill/W9KKN