[3830] 222SprngSprnt K2EZ/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222SprngSprnt K2EZ/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 06:09:38 +0000
                    222 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: K2EZ/R
Operator(s):
Station: K2EZ/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 43  Mults = 26  Total Score = 1,118

Club:

Comments:

I found tonight to be a very mixed bag.  Conditions seemed neither good or poor,
but activity seemed to be done.  I ran thru FN20/30/31/21 grids.  To my
frustration nobody seemed to be active in FN30 and FN21 resulting in what should
have been 8 easy multipliers.

Far as I know I am the only one that operated from FN21 and that got me some
extra attention towards the end of the sprint.  I heard rumors of another op in
FN30 that was on for a limited time.  Had I known FN30 was scarce I probably
would have stopped for a bit longer there.

On the positive side this was my first rove with the upgraded antenna system.
For the first time I had yagis.  The extra gain made the longer paths relatively
easy if I could get the beam on them.  I still got some good use out of the
stacked loops.  The biggest benefit was working some grids I usually don't get.
This helped compensate for the unavailable local grids.

Overall I came out a hair over my effort last year.  Not as much improvement as
I would have hoped having a yagi.  On the other hand, the activity seemed to be
done and had I not had the yagi I would have finished considerably weaker than
last year.