[3830] 432SprngSprnt N6ZE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ze@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 432SprngSprnt N6ZE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 06:11:26 +0000
                    432 MHz Spring Sprint

Call: N6ZE
Operator(s): N6ZE WA6WDY
Station: N6ZE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: dm04qb
Operating Time (hrs): 2.2

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

A beautiful night at 2200 ft in the Santa Monica Mts: a bit of temperature
inversion to the South. 6 stations worked in DM12 as well as a total of 8 in
DM03/DM13. Northern DX was 1 QSO in each of DM06, DM07. (SWL of W6PQL
(CM98)briefly loud on CW); Radar sometimes up to S-9.
As for other Spring 2018 SPRINTS, I 'advertised' on several reflectors, but this
time I also requested that the ARRL Section Mgrs of all California Sections
publicize the 432 SPRINT. Judging by the number of contacts to the South, I
think that helped activity levels substantially. About 8 QSOs were made with
members of Ventura Co. ARS (VCARS) & Conejo Valley ARC (CVARC).
Most QSOs made in first hour of event.
AS usual, had a good time and thanks to the sponsors.
Hope to be QRV for Microwave SPRINT