[3830] FlQP KT4Q SO MobileSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4q@usa2net.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP KT4Q SO MobileSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 04:55:59 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO MobileSSB LP
QTH: CITrus
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   40:          14
   20:          30
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:   0      44  CW Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 23  Total Score = 2,024

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Well the weekend started out to be a stellar one.  Nice camp site.  All radio
station including my Amp all working great.  Low band antenna perfect.  Getting
ready to throw up the G5RV for 40M and making one last test on radio station.
Then I get the knock at the camper door I didn't want to hear.  My neighbor said
a screeching sound kept on coming over her trailer speaker system and it was
driving her insane.  Her husband invited me into their camper and said, hey you
can unhook my speakers and we should be okay.  Well once I looked at what he was
talking about, it would take me taking several screws out to pull the stereo
system out of the wall, then unhook the speakers for this 15 plus year old
trailer.  Then my luck when putting it back together that something would not
work right and I am blamed on messing it up.  Yes I have messed with hundreds of
radios like this in the past but who knows if the stereo system was working
properly to begin with, only to be blamed for something afterward.

Then I told them to let me try one more thing.  I went in and turned off my amp
and see if only 75 watts eliminated the issue.  Result was no.  In the mean time
the wife of the neighbor was talking to one of the camping resort personnel that
was passing by.  I quickly gave up and told them I would cease my operation.

To try to salvage the weekend, I went out in my vehicle to attempt to operate
the contest at various locations near the camp site.  I actually went clear out
to a site right on the gulf hoping to take advantage of some salt water
propagation.  Regardless of several operating locations, I had a miserable time
making contacts.  Very little contacts back to back.  Certainly no runs.
Several 20 minute stents of calling CQ with no reply.  Many reports of 5/5 or
less.

I gave up.  Never will I attempt to duplicate this effort.  Glad others seemed
to have a successful week for Florida.

Rig:  Yaesu FT100 (80w)
Ant:  Tarheel Model 400
SW:   WriteLog