[3830] FlQP NO5W M/SCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP NO5W M/SCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2018 18:57:09 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): KN5O NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: M/SCW LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   954
   20:  1646
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  2600    0  CW Mults = 63  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 655,200

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

K3/100, HI-Q 4/80, WinKey, CQ/X 1.8.1.0, Dell E7470, 2002 Pathfinder

With the big-70 receding in the rear view mirror and the next milestone becoming
visible down the road, each year I have to ask myself is it time to hang up the
mobile operating gear. But then along comes the FQP and the realization that
there is just no other ham radio activity that is such a highlight of my year
and it becomes clear that we will keep at it as long as physically able.

This was the 5th year that Ted-KN5O and I have driven over from the Covington -
New Orleans area to play mobile radio in the FQP. It was one of our best efforts
as far as QSOs are concerned but not as good as past results in terms of the all
important multipliers. Participation seemed up as did butt in the chair time for
the callers as we had many who followed us through most of our counties.

We drove over to Tallahassee on Friday afternoon to enable a good start in
Franklin County near the Wakulla border on Saturday noon and Saturday night just
a little after the closing bell found us sitting down to some welcome pizza at
the NX4N QTH in the Tampa area sharing tales of day one with the K4OJ and AD4ES
crews before turning in for the night in Wesley Chapel to prepare for that early
start on Sunday morning. Back up I75 on Sunday with a little detour into Putnam,
Clay, Bradford, Union, Baker, and Hamilton before landing on I-10 for the
westward trip through the panhandle and eventual drive back over to SELA after
dinner in Spanish Fort. All in all we covered 43 counties with the following
results where the second column is the total QSOs in the county, the third
column the initial ten-minute rate on entering the county, and the last column
the first station in the log.

Hillsborough    130   120         K9NW
SantaRosa        99   174         W9AV
Sarasota         93   192         N4DW
Walton           82   150         W2RR
Jefferson        81   168         K0PC
Okaloosa         80   180         W2RR
Bradford         77   156         K9NW
Bay              73   180        W1WEF
Gadsden          72   204        W8WVU
Polk             70   174         N1LN
Levy             70    96         N9CK
Jackson          69   180       WN4AFP
Calhoun          68   180        VE3TM
Wakulla          68   198         N3QE
DeSoto           66   180         K7SV
Escambia         66   156       WA8CDU
Leon             66   216         K9NW
Marion           66   192         K7SV
Baker            66   186         W5TM
Citrus           63   174         W9OA
Columbia         61   198        W8WVU
Washington       61   156         W9AV
Madison          61   186         K9RS
Pasco            60    84        HC2AO
Lafayette        60   138       VE3CWU
Hamilton         59   186         K0AP
Hernando         58   156         N1DC
Suwannee         57   210         N2CU
Charlotte        57   186         K8IR
Manatee          57   210       WB2ABD
Hardee           56   126        W8WVU
Taylor           55   156         K9OM
Pinellas         53   150         N2WK
Putnam           50   204       WA4APB
Holmes           43    66        W8WVU
Clay             41    36         K9CT
Liberty          41   192         N5NA
Alachua          38   198         N3JT
Union            37   192       WA8CDU
Gilchrist        36   168        N9AUG
Franklin         34   144       KA2FHN
Dixie            33   126         W3IZ
Sumter           23   132       WN4AFP

We always look forward to the trip through Holmes and Washington and others in
the western panhandle since they tend to generate our biggest pileups. However,
this year Holmes and Washington were somewhat disappointing and the big pileup
honors went to Santa Rosa and Okaloosa. Perhaps Saturday activity satisfied the
need for QSOs with Holmes and Washington.

During the FQP we worked nearly 500 different stations and appreciate each QSO
that they provided but a special thanks goes to the following stations who
contributed more than half of our QSOs and spent many hours in the chair:
K9CT(54), K9NW(49), K8IR(41), VE3DZ(41), VE3UTT(38), K9OM(36), AA7V(35),
WI9WI(35), N2CQ(34), WN4AFP(33), N8II(32), WB2ABD(31), VA3DF(31), W2RR(30),
WJ9B(29), K0RC(29), K0HC(28), W8MJ(27), NA8V(27), K0AP(26), W8WVU(26), K9CW(26),
N2CU(25), K7SV(25), VE3KZ(25), K3WJV(24), W1WEF(24), NN3W(24), VE3NNT(23),
WA4GQG(23), LY5W(22), VE1OP(21), N9CK(21), W7RN(20), K6MR(19), K0PC(19),
N5NA(19), W8UE(18), WA3HAE(18), N2AN(18), K0OO(18), W5TM(18), WA1Z(17),
W9OA(17), W1TO(16), N7IR(16), HC2AO(16), NW0M(15), I4VEQ(15), W1QK(15),
K1GQ(14), K4AMC(14), VE3TW(14).

The FQP is certainly deserving of its popular status as it is a well-organized
party and generates a lot of essential activity from inside the state. Thanks to
the cheer leading efforts of Chris-NX4N the Florida stations were in good
attendance and active. The last update of the Activity Maps on the FQP webpage
showed 19 mobiles and 48 fixed stations -- now that makes for a very successful
party.

With the party ending at 10pm local on Saturday there's always the question of
where to get some dinner. For the past three years that question has had an easy
answer for us -- head straight to NX4N for pizza. Thank you Chris and Lilli for
the hospitality.

We hope to be in the fray again next year. In the meantime look for NO5W/m in
the Texas Party in late September.

73

Chuck-NO5W
Ted-KN5O