[3830] FlQP N4TO Multi-Op MobileCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1to@aol.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] FlQP N4TO Multi-Op MobileCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 May 2018 02:21:54 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: N4TO
Operator(s): N4GI K1TO
Station: N4TO

Class: Multi-Op MobileCW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   40:   685
   20:  1199
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  1884    0  CW Mults = 59  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 444,624

Club:

Comments:

This year was dedicated to the memory of Ron WD4AHZ who was a founding father of
the FQP and who contributed in many ways to its success since being reborn in
1998.  We will know shortly how many hundreds of stations were able to contact
all nine K4 stations whose suffixes spelled WD FOUR AHZ.

Thanks to Blake N4GI for hosting me for a mobile effort -- my first time on the
roads since 2011.  Despite getting out reasonably well on tx, we had much
difficulty on rx hearing through some noise -- source yet to be determined.
Thanks to those who stuck with us and apologies to those who we just couldn't
pull through.  40M seemed to be a lot better than 20.  A QSY of just 6 kHz on
Sunday AM made about a 4 S-unit reduction in our noise level on 20, but didn't
eliminate it.

We used the same 51-county route that I had used with K8NZ numerous times.  We
hit heavy traffic in HIL, encountered a key road closure in OSC and a
construction traffic jam in LEE, but still managed to reach all 51.

The N4TO callsign belonged to good friend Vic Dubois who passed away in the
summer of 2008, almost ten years ago already.  Vic and I made a bunch of
memorable trips around FL in the FQP as well.  This is the first time it has
been on the air since 2011 if I recall correctly.

73, Dan K1TO