[3830] 7QP WS7L Cnty Exped SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP WS7L Cnty Exped SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 17:39:03 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: Cnty Exped SO HP
QTH: WAPAC
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:  125      7
   40:  201      8
   20:  240
   15:   12
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  578     15      0  Mults = 54  Total Score = 92,256

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Operated from the historic Lamberson Cottage in Ocean Park and it didn't rain on
us while erecting antennas!

Rates were pretty good considering the antennas and the small town noise
environment. Rates were hitting well over 150 for short bursts and best hour was
83 Q's on 80 m. I'm always amazed at what happens when I go down to 80 in the
evening in this one. All of a sudden I'm running rates of 120+ for a half hour
or so. Not bad for a wire flung over a branch and 4 random radials.

The sub receiver was essential for doing SO2V once the rates started tapering
off. Turns a 40 Q/hr rate into 70 or 80 Q/hr.

I'm afraid I shocked some of my friends by getting on SSB for a few QSOs when I
ran out of people to work on CW. I was shooting for 600 Q's and desperate times
call for desparate measures.

Equipment: 500 Watt K-Line. 80 m inv-L, 40 m dipole, TH3JRS tribander up 24
feet.

73 and thanks for the Q's; also thanks to XYL Kathy KC7USE for work on antenna
setup.

Carl WS7L