[3830] NewEngQP N1TA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mfdechristopher@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1TA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 May 2018 01:49:37 +0000
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1TA
Operator(s): N1TA
Station: N1TA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:
   40:    234       1
   20:     87       5
   15:      7
   10:
------------------------
Total:    328       6  Mults = 47  Total Score = 31,114

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Just moved into a new home and hadn't really started putting the shack together
until Thursday. Decided at the last minute to hand out some points. I had a
social engagement for the Kentucky Derby, so managed only an hour or so on
Saturday night, but spent all of Sunday in front of the radio.

Thankfully, K1YO came by last week to shoot a rope over a tall pine. The bad
news: the only antenna I had ready to go was a 40m dipole. The good news: it was
90+ feet high. Had no DVK, so kept away from phone, and on CW I was occasionally
dogged by RF in the shack. The wire wouldn't tune nice on 80, so I just stuck to
40 and 20. I caught the tail-end of the Sunday 15m opening, but just didn't have
the antenna to really take advantage of it! Now that the "new house"
work is winding down, I look forward to spending more time on radio projects.

Thanks to the chasers for following my yellowy signal from band-to-band.

Antenna: 40m inverted-V at 90'
Rig: 30 year-old FT-1000MP
MVP: Heathkit SA-2060 tuner

73,