[3830] Volta RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 18:08:10 +0000
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 10:49

   80:    3     3
   40:   67    20
   20:   69    27
   15:   12     8
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  151    58  Total Score = 8,144,940

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Although disappointed by the band conditions, I had a pretty good time in the
Volta RTTY this year. This was my first serious attempt in a RTTY contest since
my ham shack computer died a few months ago. Twenty meters seemed to be the best
band for EU, although they were very weak the entire contest. Worked Hawaii at
1:12 in the afternoon on 20, had some hope that I would hear some JA's but
unfortunately that never happened. EU came in stronger about a 4X3 with
continued QSB and QRN around 3PM. Worked Norway & Sweden. Athough I heard
reports from Bill N4IQ that 15 was open to EU most of the day, that was not the
experience here at KG4IGC. Only heard EU twice, and every contact that I made on
15 was stateside from the North and out to the Mid-West and a couple of Q's out
of 6 land. 40/80 was very noisy last night with plenty of QSB and QRN. I found
myself having to exchange reports with stations on 40 several times before a
successful contact ws made. Saw EU on 40, but again, very difficult to work. Up
at 4 AM to completely dead bands, only a small opening to EU on 20 this morning
before the contest ended. Worked fellow Swampfoxes Bill N4IQ and Ted K7OM on
each band, both stations were very loud.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
ANT: Horizontal Loop @ 30\', 40/20 Super loop @ 20\', 6 band Hex @ 20\'
PWR: 100 watts