[3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] CWopsT OH3BCX(OH1ZAA) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 16:01:49 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z May 23

Call: OH3BCX
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH3BCX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KP20JE
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  15
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  15  Mults = 15  Total Score = 225

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Solar X-ray flux has grown to tenfold levels
after Tuesday, but in Northern Hemisphere
Summer it does not make much higher MUF's.
Actually the Es was more outspoken to select
areas. 14 MHz was the center of activity. On
21 MHz there was 9J80FOC solid but no CWT's,
neither on 7 or 28 MHz. QRN-level was high.

I was operating with 20 Ah LiFePO4 power from
the car with a 15 ft whip. With the TS-480S
tuner it goes to a 1 : 1 match on 14/18/21
and 50 MHz. I did a lot of CQ CWT but did not
get out very well (3 answering). After that I
still operated one hour on 50 MHz, and the 20 Ah
battery held up very well. The no-load voltage
dropped from a pre-CWT 3.23 volts to a post 50 MHz
3.17 volts after 2 hours of intensive operation.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA (on the Helsinki/Espoo border
shores of the Laajalahti bay, max. 200 mS/m waters).