[3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K4DXV LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC RY-Sprint K4DXV LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 02:25:48 +0000
                    NCCC RTTY Sprint - May 25

Call: K4DXV
Operator(s): K4DXV
Station: K4DXV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tennessee
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   5     2  Total Score = 10

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Good grief. That was horrible. Heard some signals on 20 at the start but
couldn't print; no responses to CQ on 20. S9 noise level on 40; heard several
signals but could only clearly print Tim N3QE. Some of the signals almost
sounded like polar flutter -- possibly aurora??? Saw Hank W6SX and Bill N6ZFO in
there once briefly but neither signal held up. Called CQ repeatedly with only
one taker. 80 seemed deserted but Bill N4IQ came to the rescue and Tim and I
made one Q on 80. My worst showing ever -- worse than when I was a complete RTTY
newbie. I'll chalk it up to conditions and hope things are better for WPX CW
this weekend! 73, all, TNX for the Q's and hope to see you next week.