[3830] WPX CW VU2XE SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VU2XE SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 May 2018 16:17:05 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VU2XE
Operator(s): VU2XE
Station: VU2XE

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   88
   20:   88
   15:  107
   10:   29
------------

Club:

Comments:

Was not having much hope to make big score. Newly comeup high rise from 320 deg
to 40 deg north is a mental blocker for me. HFTA showed all low angle (upto 25
deg) signals getting blocked. Anyways, first day there was surprisingly some
opening on 15 and 10 mtrs. 40mtr had lot of signals at night but could not get
through many common must get stations as well. I was using full legal power
allowed in VU i.e 400W. Another observation is that inspite of the fact that low
angles getting blocked i got many North Americans via short path in the morning
hours 1:30 to 3 UTC were good for that path on 20mtr.
I could not break my low power scores from 2015/16 this time, but score was
better than i thought i could make. Hopefully CQWW will be better this year.

Till next one.. bye
Kiran VU2XE