[3830] WPX CW KU2M SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KU2M SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 15:07:36 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1960
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

With the Boss away it was necessary to take of our two canine monsters and make
sure they didn't watch too much television, do my own cooking, etc. and that
took time away from operating. But I managed to "stay in the chair"
for at least 31 of the 36 hours. Conditions were, on the whole, very good, with
a few sunspots, low absorption, and low noise, and the only thing missing was
activity from everywhere except USA and Europe. Some have complained of QSB but
I noted nothing unusual in that department although I certainly did my share of
asking for repeats on serial numbers. Since I'm more of a phone operator, I
don't usually do WPX CW, if at all, and this was my first foray on 20M WPX CW.
But except for an outdoor power breaker popping off and immobilizing the lower
SteppIR's ring rotor on Friday night, I was lucky to have suffered no equipment
failures, and the heavy rains promised for DupeDay (some people call it Sunday)
never arrived. All in all, a decent weekend in the KU2M Triangle.