[3830] WPX CW DP6A(NN7CW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NN7CW@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW DP6A(NN7CW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 18:40:37 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: DP6A
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: DP6A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wangerland
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:   52
   80:  312
   40:  853
   20: 1106
   15:  193
   10:    8
------------

Club:

Comments:

During my vacation in DL, I enjoyed the opportunity to operate SOAB at DP6A, the
excellent station of my friend Dieter, DL8OH. Things worked out very well,
despite some minor issues with an unknown noise source that impacted the low
bands, as well as a damaged coax feed line to the 40m beam, which was fixed by
Dieter while I continued operating on the high bands.

Condx: 80 was good, but somewhat noisy at times. I found several openings on 15,
but the pickings were rather slim. Only little time spent on 160 and didn't want
to monkey around with 10, so 20 and 40 were the money bands.

I decided to play safe and rake in as many W's as I could. While doing so, I
might have missed some opportunities to work JA's. I think I could have done a
better job here, so it goes on my to-do list for next time.

The last three hours were heavily impacted by QRN from a slow-moving t-storm
about 10 miles away from us. While it didn't shut me down, the crashes turned
S&P into a challenge and messed up the exchanges - life's a beach
sometimes...

Anyhow, I am pleased with the result and really had a blast! On top of Dieter's
generous hospitality, his neighbor Rena provided us with outstanding catering
which made it hard to leave the dining table - thank you very much!!!

Thanks for the Q's!
Wolf, NN7CW