[3830] WPX CW OM7RU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, om7ru@qsl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW OM7RU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2018 16:12:00 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: OM7RU
Operator(s): OM7RU
Station: OM7RU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: JN98OQ
Operating Time (hrs): 35:41

------------
  160:   77
   80:  274
   40:  767
   20:  564
   15:   68
   10:   30
------------

Club: OM0M Dozen Dashes Contest Club

Comments:

My first CW WPX with new multibander. It has improve worthy 2/6 points 40m, my
main band.

Unfortunately CONDX was as in the middle of solar minimum. I also had few
periods of watching to meteo radar and to the sky due to strong local storms in
near surroundings.

Strong QRN and QSB, high number of NA stations digging from noise. Direction,
where my ears was relaxing, was to JA on Sunday late afternoon on 20m. No
pipleup, but a lot of worthy Asia mults without QRN bangs. K9AY loops helped to
read some directions on low bands, but sometimes it takes longer to find proper
antenna setting. Lots of AGN requests decrease QSO rates. No any long period of
real pileup. Openings of 15m and 10m was nice, but in WPX contest not so
important... Looking to other guys 20m/40m QSO numbers I probably favor 40m too
much compared to 20m.

Mr. Murphy again was stopping my PA due to random relay timing problem. I was
trying to fix it, so I lost almost 1,5 hours. Not fully successfully, but so-so.
I had to cancel the alarm repeatedly hundered times during the contest,
sometimes after every PTT...

Thanks to all who participated.

Used equipments:
 Yaesu FT-1000MP MarkV Field
 ACOM 2000A (1,5 kW OUT)
 MicroHAM microKeyer, MicroHAM StationMaster
 DXLog.net

Antennas:
 160m: Vertical (35m tower + 2 elevated radials)
 80m:  OptiBeam OB1-80 rotary dipole @34m
 AD-3446 multibander:
   40m:  3 elements
   20m:  4 elements