[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2018 03:28:23 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint - Jun 8

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   1      1
   80:   5      5
   40:  20     12
   20:  18     12
   15:   4      4
   10:
-------------------
Total:  48     34  Total Score = 1,632

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Good start, poor finish, with an "equipment failure" thrown in ...
that was an operator fault since my 80 meter coax connector inside the shack was
not tight, and so I had an infinite SWR on 80 for nearly five minutes until the
operator looked at the radio and saw the indicator. You'd think the operator
would know something was wrong sooner since he called and called and NO ONE
heard him until he checked. Lid!(Everything sounded fine, since I was listening
on a rcv antenna.)

This clever move resulted in zero QSOs for a critical five minute stretch from
0253 through 0257. After the LID op finally got up and tightened the PL259
connector, he made five contacts in the last two minutes. But it a crucial gap.
The mults seemed down as well for me tonight.

Tnx to the following for three baggers: K4OAQ, W9RE, K7SV, and K4BAI. Worked my
"official nemesis, KZ5D, only once, with ten seconds to to. Missed him one
other time with my "antenna" was an open line. (I was listening on the
RX antenna).

Five minute segments: 9, 13, 7, 8, 6, and 5.

"Ah could haff been a condendah!" Oh well. It was fun anyhow.
Conditions were good. Thanks for the contacts.

Worked N9LQ, N0KK, and N6TVN tonight as relative newcomers. Thanks! Do come
back.

73, Jim N3BB