[3830] ARRL June VHF K9CT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K9CT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 03:21:39 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF Contest

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

    6:  569   165
    2:   50    24
  222:   15    13
  432:   19    15
  903:    6     4
  1.2:    6     5
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  670   226  Total Score = 164,528

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Not the best condx...storms...lightning, static, strong winds, hail, heavy
rain...made for noisy band conditions.

The highlight was the six meter opening on Sunday afternoon. There were also
three grids active that I need for FFMA but no propagation to those grids. And
they tried and I tried!!

I was anxious about the effect of FT8 to the contest. Best part was working
stations when the band would not support cw or phone. Low point was all the
stations that were not in the VHF Contest Mode. It made the QSOs longer and then
some stations just didn't finish. When signals got stronger, I quickly QSY'd to
cw and phone. I did make 183 FT8 Qs, so I guess I made additional Qs that I
might not have made otherwise.

I did not do any MS or EME this year. One of the XVTRs had failed. I also burned
up a connector on the 222 feedline! Took an hour and bypassed the feedline for
repair on another day.

There were a few FM QSOs this year on 146.52 and 223.5. This got some additional
interesting going in the area. Some got on and made some 6m QSOs!

Lots of friends in the test and really enjoy talking with them....can't do that
on FT8!

73, Craig K9CT